employee engagement without business performance is a fail; business performance without employee engagement is a fail
By Ash Richardson
Gallup’s Q12 Index on measuring employee engagement is useful for evaluating the success of #stratapp
The Gallup Q12 Index is derived from 30 years of in-depth behavioural and economic research involving 17 million employees.
Gallup has identified 12 core questions - the Q12 - that have emerged to best predict employee and business performance:
Do you know what is expected of you at work?
- Do you have the materials and equipment to do your work right?
- At work, do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
- In the last seven days, have you received recognition or praise for doing good work?
- Does your supervisor, or someone at work, seem to care about you as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages your development?
- At work, do your opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission/purpose of your company make you feel your job is important?
- Are your associates (fellow employees) committed to doing quality work?
- Do you have a best friend at work?
- In the last six months, has someone at work talked to you about your progress?
- In the last year, have you had opportunities to learn and grow?